we will do it together

Road Traffic Accidents

stay connected

How We
Can Help

Being injured in a road traffic accident can be a life-changing event. In one instant, your everyday life has been thrown into a confusion of pain, distress, and upheaval – perhaps through no fault of your own.

When others are at fault for the accident, you don’t have to suffer the consequences in silence. You can take action – and Truth Legal is ideally placed to help you.

helping you receive

Road Traffic Accidents

If you have been injured in a road traffic accident that wasn’t your fault, you need to seek expert advice to get what’s due to you. Whether you were the driver, passenger or motorcyclist – or even a pedestrian or cyclist – you may be able to claim for compensation.
Allweis and co are experts in personal injury and remove all the hassle and mystery that surrounds the compensation process. We will guide you through each stage, advise you of the next steps and answer any questions you may have along the way.

What to do in the event of an accident

By law, following any sort of vehicle accident, everyone involved must stop. Here is some useful advice to follow:

  • Exchange details with all parties involved – and any witnesses – even if the other party admits responsibility.
  • While the event is fresh in your memory, draw a diagram of the accident location detailing the direction of travel of all vehicles, the location of any witnesses, the speed of vehicles involved and the road layout including any road markings.
  • If you are injured, seek medical advice immediately. Not only will this ensure you have no serious underlying injury, but the medical records could support you claim.
  • Never admit responsibility for the accident until you have reflected on what exactly happened.
  • Keep a diary of your injuries to include details of the effects of the accident on your everyday lifestyle and any care provided by others.
  • Keep a record of any medication and treatment you receive. It is also wise to record when your injuries are at their worst or any severe bouts of pain.
  • Keep a list of all expenses which you incur and hold onto any receipts.

Will your claim go to court?

After assessing your claim our solicitors will send a formal letter detailing your case to the other side and their insurance company. The insurance company then has three months to investigate the claim and decide whether or not they accept responsibility.

If there is no agreement on who is to blame and how much the claim is worth, court proceedings may be started and your solicitor will talk you through this process. However, most cases are settled before or after court proceedings are started and very few go to a trial.

How we can help you

Once we accept your claim, we will:

  • Ask you to fully describe what happened.
  • Arrange to take statements from any witnesses.
  • Send a letter of claim to the driver responsible for the accident.
  • Arrange for an independent engineer to inspect your vehicle, if necessary.
  • Arrange for a medical report to be prepared detailing your injuries.
  • Meet face-to-face. If you are unable to come to our office because of your injuries we are happy to come to your home or hospital.
  • Ensure you receive maximum compensation as soon as possible.
  • Push hard to get the compensation you deserve
  • Send a formal letter detailing your case to the other side

Your accident may be the fault of another driver, or fault could lie with the Highway Authority if there were defects in the road or even a lack of salt or grit in adverse weather conditions. Once we know all the details, we can advise you on the best avenue to explore with your claim.

If you have been injured in a road traffic accident you can speak to one of the expert case handlers at Allweis and Co

Typical Compensation Amount Information:

General Damages

These are the damages which are awarded for injuries which are the result of your accident. A medical report will be needed to describe the injuries you sustained and any continuing effects. The amount of compensation you receive is then determined by what has been awarded in similar cases previously.

The introduction of a fixed tariff of compensation for whiplash injuries that last up to 2 years. The new tariff has recently been introduced on 31.5.21

Please call us to discuss the injury you have had for full advice on how best to proceed with your claim

Injury DurationTariffJudicial College Guideline (JCG) amounts (14th edition) Published September 2017
0-3 Months£225A few hundred points to £2,150
4-6 Months£450£2,150 to £3,810
7-9 Months£765£2,150 to £3,810
10-12 Months£1,190£2,150 to £3,810
13-15 Months£1,820£3,810 to £6,920
16-18 Months£2,660£3,810 to £6,920
19-24 Months£3,725£3,810 to £6,920


Special Damages

These are the damages which compensate you for your past and future financial loss caused as a direct result of an accident and would typically include loss of earnings, medical and travel expenses. If your injuries mean that you have to have help and support from family and/or friends or you have to alter your accommodation, or even move house, you may be able to recover extra compensation.

Wherever possible you should retain documentation to prove your losses i.e. receipts etc.

What if my car is written-off?

We can help you if your car is written-off. We aim to keep you in the replacement vehicle until you receive a cheque from the at fault  insurance company. We can also help you claim compensation for any injury or losses.

Who pays for the service?

The bill for any replacement vehicle we provide, or the repairs we organise and fund, are sent to the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident.

What about my insurance company?

We will notify your insurance company on your behalf, or ask you to notify them once we have agreed we can help you. They will need to know for information only. The claim is actually against the insurance company of the driver who caused the accident – not yours!

What will happen to my car?

If your vehicle is driveable after the accident, we will organise a suitable repairer and repair date with you. You will then be asked to take your vehicle to the agreed garage, where a replacement vehicle will be waiting for you.

When your repairs are complete, you will simply need to drive our hire car to the garage and leave it there for collection while you drive your own car away. If your vehicle is un-drivable after the accident we can arrange for a replacement vehicle to be delivered to your home, work or other suitable address. We will then organise for your un-drivable vehicle to be taken to a repairer.

What replacement transport will I get?

Wherever possible, you will be given replacement transport of a similar standard to your own, e.g. people carrier, estate car,  prestige car etc.
You’ll need to show you have a ‘need’ for a similar  standard vehicle, e.g. you may need a people carrier to transport children to and from school, or a prestige car because of your status at work etc.

What if my passengers are injured?

We can arrange for your passengers to claim compensation they may be due for injury as well. We will either take details over the phone when you call us, or you could ask them to call us direct.

What if you take my case on, then decide I was partly to blame?

As long as you have told us the truth and continue to co-operate with us we will provide support and service for your case.

About us

Registered office – 64 Leicester Road, Salford, M7 4AR

Phone – 0161 740 0270

Email – claims@allweisandco.co.uk

“Liberty is the right to do what the law permits.”



One step ahead

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet of, cotns ctetur all of the adip scing sed do eiusmod dunt.


building your case

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet of, cotns ctetur all of the adip scing sed do eiusmod dunt.


achieving your goals

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet of, cotns ctetur all of the adip scing sed do eiusmod dunt.